As featured in Episode 4, Season 2, of Luca’s Key Ingredient on Channel 10. It’s cheesy, salty, and the perfect little appetiser! Luca’s take on this classic recipe uses our buffalo milk cheeses paired with prosciutto di parma and anchovy, which is a beautiful savoury addition to amp up the umami kick.
Makes 4 Mozzarella In Carrozza
- Lay the mozzarella slices on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Lay four slices of bread onto a chopping board, lay one slice of prosciutto on each slice, then mozzarella, then two anchovies, and lastly cover with a grating of Buffalo Mastro. Cover with a slice of bread and press very well with your hands. Cut off the crust then cut into triangles.
- Wish together the egg and milk, and set aside. Crumb the prepared pieces by starting with flour, then the egg mix, and finally the breadcrumbs.
- Rest them in the fridge for 30mins, then crumba second time only with the egg mix and breadcrumbs.
- Bring oil to 170°C then fry until golden, turning them constantly.
- Drain on a piece paper towel and serve immediately.
CHECK OUT OUR FIOR DI LATTE THAT WAS USED IN THIS RECIPE