CHECK OUT BLACKWOOD PANTRY
Thermometer, small pot, table spoon, chopping board, sharp knife, small and medium mixing bowl, flat baking tray, 1 sheet of grease proof baking paper, scissors.
INGREDIENTS - Vanilla, garlic and chilli olive oil
- Vannella Cheese Stracciatella
- Good olive oil - 250ml
- Cayenne long red chilli sliced thinly in rounds - 15g (Or ½ chilli)
- Garlic cloves thinly sliced - 20g (Or 3-4 large cloves)
- Vanilla pod split and deseeded – ½ vanilla pod
- Sea salt flakes - 1 good pinch
- Ensure your chilli, garlic, vanilla pod & sea salt flakes are ready prepared as noted above all in 1 container.
- Place olive oil into a small pot and heat on the stove to between 85 degrees celcius and 90 degrees celcius, using the thermometer to check.
- As soon as the oil reaches this temperature remove from the stove and add the garlic, chilli, vanilla and salt flakes. Stir well and allow to infuse for 1 hour in a warm place.
INGREDIENTS - Oven roasted red grapes
- Red seedless grapes on the vine - 1kg
- Olive oil - 25g (Or 25ml)
- Sea salt flakes - 2 good pinches (Or 2 grams)
- Firstly preheat your oven to 140 degrees celcius (Fan forced), and line your flat baking tray with grease proof paper.
- Rinse the grapes under cold running water, then pat dry with a paper towel. Ensure to remove all excess liquid.
- Leave the grapes on the vine, and with a pair of scissors cut the vine two or three times to form nice big clusters.
- In a bowl mix the grapes (on the vine) with the olive oil and sea salt flakes. Place the grapes onto the lined tray and bake in the oven on the same temperature for 30 to 35 minutes. This might take slightly longer depending on the oven.
- Remove once cooked and allow to cool slightly before serving
INGREDIENTS - For finishing
- Stracciatella 125g (per person)
- French style baguette (To crisp up place in fan forced oven at 180 degrees celcius for 10 minutes)
- Radicchio 3-4 leaves torn in half
- Aged balsamic or any good quality balsamic 1 bottle 250ml
- Sea salt flakes for seasoning
- In a bowl mix the radicchio leaves with a splash of the aged balsamic, one tablespoon of the vanilla, garlic & chilli oil with a good pinch of sea salt flakes.
- Place the stracciatella on the plate and spread out slightly, to the side of this add the oven roasted red grapes and the mixed radicchio.
- Give the vanilla, garlic and chilli oil a good mix, then drizzle over the stracciatella and a little over the other ingredients. Be sure to have a few pieces of the garlic and chili on the dish for extra flavour.
- Serve with a side of crusty French style baguette and ENJOY!
CHECK OUT OUR STRACCIATELLA THAT WAS USED IN THIS RECIPE